Brown Lima Beans are rare legume packed with proteins. They can be enjoyed in many different ways as a tasty part of a nutritious eating plan. Brown Lima beans feature a starchy, potato-like taste and a grainy texture. Brown Lime Beans are high in carbohydrates, they are in the form of resistant starch and fiber, which are digested slowly and can provide health benefits. Brown Lima Beans also do not contain sugar. Enjoy black beans in all kinds of dishes, from burritos to brownies.
1 cup of beans, 3 cups of water.
- Soak the beans overnight. By the next day, you should find that the beans have doubled in size. In fact, most of the water should have been absorbed.
- Rinse and drain the beans three to four times..
- Pour the beans into a saucepan. Add fresh water to the pot until the beans are covered. Ideally, there will be at least 1 inch of water above the beans.
- Bring the beans to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to low once the beans have boiled. Cook beans by simmering them for 40 to 60 minutes or until tender. During the simmering process, stir the beans regularly to avoid sticking.
- Remove from heat once the beans are cooked completely. The beans are completely cooked once they can be mashed easily with a fork or your fingers. Strain the water before serving.